Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Week #48 - Me at 35


Hello there, Nicole here again.  Im back today to share another layout with you.  I recently came across an older layout I did many years ago, about myself and my top 10 things at whatever age it was for then.  It got me thinking when I sat down to figure out a layout.  Why not do another one, then I will have it documented to see what has and has not changed. I love comparing similar layouts like that to see the differences.  

I had some simple stories papers on hand and I loved the colors they were filled with.  The line was all about summer, but I thought I could definitely still work it to document me, just like I wanted.

I started with my picture which I printed in 4x6. Now let me tell you I NEVER take pictures of myself, I like to be the photographer behind the camera.  But recently my husband took me on a surprise trip for my birthday and I am glad I took a few pictures of myself, and of him and I together so that I will always have those memories not only in my mind, but in photographs too. I am trying to get better about including myself every now and then in the pictures.  

So I took a sheet that was just like an ombre look with all the bright colors and I just cut my title right straight across it.  I wanted the title to have that ombre look just like the paper did.  
I cut out one of the cards that was on a sheet, because it had an adorable little camera on it.  
I cut out the word smile in vellum using my silhouette cameo.  
I attached it with some awesome vellum adhesive from Tombow.  You can't see it at all.  Thanks Jennifer! :)  

Next I took another patterned paper that looked like there were all these little stamps on it, and I cut a few of my favorites out.  I added words to them to have them all have cute little sayings on them.  

Next I took a sheet of patterned paper that looked like ledger paper and adhered it under the camera card and wrote all my journaling on it.  I did it in a bullet style journaling so that I could fit  a lot on there this way.  I tend to ramble, and I thought this would help keep me on track.  

There was a big subway art looking patterned paper that had a bunch of summer words all over it , but I saw the little life is beautiful quote on there and knew I wanted to use it.  So I cut just that part out and attatched it under the hello.  The hello word was part of the patterned paper, I just used it as part of my design. 

I attached all my little hand cut stamps down the center of the page.

The last thing I did was take a white gel pen I had on hand and draw some lines on the hello to give it a little more highlights.




I love the colors of my new layout, very bright and colorful.
You can find me over on my blog when I am not here sharing.

 RANDOM RAMBLINGS .


I hope you enjoy.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave us some scrappy love!