Tuesday, March 17, 2015

WEEK 11 - IN THE GARDEN


 Since my husband and I were talking about this years garden I thought what better time than to document last years garden.
I started with some green background paper and cut out "polaroid" shapes from kraft color with my silhouette cameo.  I printed my photos in squares and framed them with the polaroid cut outs.
 I cut double notched flags from vellum and hand wrote what each of the fruits and vegetables were.  I adhered those and added a rhinestone on each side just for some added pops of color.
Then I filled another poloaroid with some patterned paper and topped it with vellum to give it a more muted look.  I wanted the pictures to be the main focus, so added the vellum still gives the pattern but not as bright.  I did this for another polaroid and added a welcome spring sticker over that.
I made a few flag banners and layered those in the top right corner.
I added vellum to another polaroid and wrote my journaling inside of that.
 For my title, I used another 2 polaroids and filled those with corrugated paper.  I cut my title using my silhouette cameo, in a patterned paper in a light blue stripe and also in black.  I layered the black behind the light blue, for a bit of a shadow look.  I think it gives the blue an extra pop.

On the bottom of the journaling polaroid I added the hashtag #mantoothgarden because when I share on instagram that is the hashtag I always used.

One thing I just realized is that I forgot to add the date on this layout, so I am going to make sure I do it right away so I can compare from year to year, what we had and what grew and didn't grow so great.

Hope you enjoy my layout, and this really makes me want to get out there to our garden this week and get it ready for new seeds.


Thanks for stopping by and you can always find me on my blog RANDOM RAMBLINGS or on INSTAGRAM HERE .


2 comments:

  1. I love this layout!!!! I have a bunch of garden photos that I need to scrap and I will totally need to try this idea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jennifer. I love documenting the garden. :) I am afraid our first garden pictures at our old house are lost on my broken hard drive. :(

      Delete

Leave us some scrappy love!