Tuesday, October 4, 2016

How to Create a Watercolor Scrapbook Page

Hello everyone!!  Kymona here to show you how to create a watercolor scrapbook page using the supplies you have on hand.

Lets get started!!



Here is a list of supplies:

Smooth Watercolor Paper
Watercolor Crayons
Page Protector
Stickers
Photo Editing Tool
Printer
Sequin

The theme this month is Fiesta for Mexican Independence Day and Dia De Los Muertos next month!! I had to do some research for both of these days!! I love learning new things.

One thing that was constant in my reading was the use of color. Color plays such a big part in the Mexican culture and I love it.  So I decided to create my own watercolor scrapbook page with the colors that I see in all of my research.

Take a look at the color scheme that I used as a starting point for my scrapbook page.

source: google


Here is how this page was created:

Take each color one by one and color them onto the watercolor paper leaving space for blending in between.

Then take a water brush/paint brush and blend the colors moving from top to bottom.


Then cut the dried watercolor paper into smaller 2.75 by 3.50 and place each one in a pocket so that you can see how the layout will look.



Then decide where you want your pictures and embellishments to go. 

Here is a closer look at how these pages look:

One pocket has some doodling and fringes.


One pocket has a handwritten journaling on it. Others have sequin.


Another pocket has stickers.



Take another look at the completed layout:



Nice, easy and fun.

So what do you think?  Would you give this style of scrapbooking a try? I would love to hear from you.  Leave a  comment below.

Thanks for stopping by!

~Kymona





1 comment:

Leave us some scrappy love!