Tuesday, July 21, 2015

WEEK 28 - OUR COUNTRY



Hello everyone!  When my son had came to me and told me that he was ready to join the military, I was shocked at first.  I asked him why and he said because he wanted to serve his country.  So naturally I went through asking a list of questions that he answered and then I told him okay, if that is what you want to do then go ahead.  Being a mother I also informed him of some of the not so glorious times that he might experience and I said no matter what happens remember what I have told you and what your father and I have taught you, of course my husband was all happy with his decision.

In this photo is my son and my daughter who thought it would be cool to pose with her brother in his pre military training uniform (the army).  He had to prepare for 4 months prior to going to basic training.  He did really well and I was a proud mom for my son to be serving our country.


Do you have a member of your family that is in the military?  If so be proud and stand proud for them for serving our country.  I am proud of my son and I always will be for him serving our country.  I hope you enjoy the video!


I used some items from my stash and I sketched out this layout, wanted to preserve the United States pattern on the paper.  

SUPPLY LIST:
Pattern Paper: Doodle Bug; Patriotic Parade
Pattern Paper: Simple Stories, Stars and Stripes
Colored Cardstock: Bazzill
Acetate: Webster's Pages
Silver Stars: Freckled Fawn
Red, White, and Blue stars: Doodle Bug, star jewels
Enamel Dots: Doodle Bug
Thickers: Dear Lizzy foam
Mr Huey's White Calico















No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave us some scrappy love!