Tuesday, July 28, 2015

WEEK 29 - OH CANADA!

Hello everyone and welcome to my July DT layout!!  Today I have a patriotic layout for you in keeping with our theme this month.  But, I am from Canada so it's all about the maple leaf and the red and white here.  July 1st is Canada Day and it also happens to be my youngest son's birthday.  So I knew I had the perfect photo to scrap in keeping with this theme.  His first birthday!

Yes, this photo is from 2005 and I have never scrapped in our family album before.  I did up a first year book but our family albums from 2003-2007 are pretty sparse.  As I was very busy with 2 boys under the age of 5 at the time.  So I am thrilled to get this scrapped.

I used my Silhouette to cut out this giant maple leaf and then kept the layout predominantly red and white with some touches of navy and gold.  I hope you enjoy.  See my process video below.






Supply List:
Cardstock: American Crafts.
Patterned paper: Webster's Pages and Carta Bella.
Alpha stickers: Gold - Studio Calico, Black - unknown.
Embellishments: Layered stickers - Carta Bella, Wood veneer - Shimelle for American Crafts, sequin stars, puffy hearts - American Crafts and Crate Paper; glassine envelope - unknown.
Mist: Color Shine - Heidi Swapp.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave us some scrappy love!