Tuesday, January 20, 2015

WEEK 4 - WORKING WITH SCRAPS

Hi everyone, Nancy here today.  Do you ever have scraps of paper you really want to use, but just don't have quite enough to really make the page work?  How about a few techniques to fill in those blank spaces.

Supplies Used:

  • Glitz Designs Patterened Papers, Chipboard, Overlay, Stickers
  • Prima Marketing Flowers, resin
Step 1:  I had quite a few photos from this day at the beach so I began by plaing them in an eye pleasing arrangement.  I love making multi-photo pages as they really can set a mood for the event.

Step 2:  Knowing I needed to make this a two page layout I began cutting my scrap papers to stretch across the two pages.  Since the second page had fewer large photos, I started with it.  It is easiest to hide the missing pieces of paper when you have large photos to cover.
Step 3:  As you can see, I didn't have quite enough of the "wave" paper to go all the way across the first page.  I added a bit of stripe along the right side, but that still left a hole on the left.
Step 4:  I used one of the large stickers from the collection to hide the missing paper and added my photos.  Since you can't see under the stickers, you can't tell there isn't paper underneath.
Step 5:  After mounting one of my stickers onto additional patterned paper, I attached my other photos, a few stickers and a piece of an overlay to the second page and my layout was complete.
Had I not said anything, no one would have ever guessed that I pieced this page together with odd bits of leftover paper scraps.

My scraps are often some of my favorite papers and I love using each and every piece.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave us some scrappy love!