Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Mexican Inspired Stripped Layout - Week #37

Hi, Rose here an today I am going to share with you a very easy Mexican Inspired stripped layout. While this layout is simply about documenting one of my favorite tools of the trade, I wanted to incorporate a little bit of Mexican Flair. I created a miniature version of Mexican Style linens. Finding a good quality pen is reason to be happy, am I right?


Mexican Inspired Stripped Layout


Materials



First, decide which color will be used as the base (I chose black) and cut off 1 inch off the vertical edge. Then cut the remaining cardstock colors into 1 inch and 1/2 inch strips, you'll only need about two of each color in each size.

Next, start adhering the strips in desired color patterns, alternating between the two varying sizes to give it interest, being sure not to cover up all of your base color.



Adhere two white strips to the ends of the scrapbook page, use your scissors to fringe the edges. 


For added interest, tear and adhere silver glitter washi tape to break up some of the bolder strip patterns.Add journaling and call it done!

I really enjoyed creating this layout to celebrate and commemorate the enjoyment I find in using my these colorful pens! Find other great techniques in this Scrap Free Scrapbooking ebook.

Have you tried this stripped technique? Leave a comment below, I'd love to see your projects.


 photo signature.png

1 comment:

  1. I love this layout! Especially the silver. I just bought a set of InkJoy Gel pens on the advice of Jeanette Nyberg, author of the "Craftwhack" blog. She was showing how well they work with the good ol' (and updated new)SPIROGRAPH. So I plan to get out my Spirograph from the early 1970's (!!!) and play around. How do you use your InkJoy pens, Rose???
    Thanks!
    Rhonda

    ReplyDelete

Leave us some scrappy love!