Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Week #38: Lovely Layers

Hi everyone!  Nancy Keslin here today and I am so excited to share with you my layout.  Do you ever wonder how to create lots of interest without a lot of bulk?  How about trying lots of layers.




Supplies Used:
  • Patterned Paper - Little Yellow Bicycle, Boardwalk and Rusty Pickle, Swimming Words
  • Cardstock - Core'Dinations
  • Alphabet - American Crafts Thickers 
  • Enamel Dots - My Minds Eye
  • Adhesive - Scotch ATG Tape Glider
To begin cut the first patterned paper 9"x9" and adhere in the center of the white cardstock base. 
Next cut a 9 1/2" circle.  No circle cutter or die cut machine?  How about tracing a plate or bowl to form a circle.  A bit old school, but works perfectly every time.  Adhere in the center.
Next, cut a strip of paper 3" x12"  This piece of paper will draw your eye across the page, adding movement to your layout.
The final paper layer is 6"x 10".  This piece will act as a matte for our photos.
 I added three standard 3 1/2"x5" photos from the "class" photographer.  Titled at just a bit of an angle the photos add more interest than if they were lined up side by side.
 At the bottom of the photos I added my title, being sure to overlap each of the papers just a bit so as not to leave the title floating on my page.
 Finally, I added just a few enamel dots in the corners.  These dots create a bit of movement, drawing your eye across the page, while adding a bit of fun and whimsy.
Thank you so much for dropping by today to share thse lovely layers with me.  

Nancy

1 comment:

Leave us some scrappy love!