Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Week #43 - Friends and Giggles

Good morning everyone, Nancy here today to share with you a layout I made of my daughter and a few of her friends.

Supplies Used:

  • Hydrangea Hippo Love is Grand Kit
  • Smooch Spritz Emerald Sprinkle
  • White Core'dinations Cardstock
  • American Crafts Thickers
  • Studio Calico Wood Icons
  • Webster's Pages Journal Card
  • Martha Stewart Glitter
Step 1:  To make the most of my paper, I cut a border out of my paper at 1/2 inch all the way around and mounted it to my white cardstock.  This leaves me with a sheet of paper 11x11 to use on a later project.


Step 2:  I cut the stiped paper at 3"x 11 and mounted that inside the border and added a piece of ribbon just underneath.
Step 3:  I mounted my photo first on a piece of red cardstock and then on the banner paper for more interest.
Step 4:  I glued my mounted photo underneath the ribbon on my layout.  And added the journaling card right under the first photo.
Step 5:  To add the title, I first placed my alphabet onto a clear ruler, this allows me to place the letters in a straight line as well as move them around to see where they best fit.
If you like, you could stop here with a title, journaling and photos, this layout would be complete.  Or you can take it to the next level by adding embellishments.  

Step 6:  To embellish the wood icons, I first misted them with the Smooch Spritz, and then applied a layer of dry adhesive to the top (I used my Xyron adhesive, but any glue will work).
Step 7:  Sprinkle glitter over the adhesive.  I used my finger and a piece of sticker paper to ensure the glitter was secured.  
You can then place the shapes throughout your project.  I also added a few cardstock hexagons for added interest.


Step 8:  Create tab shape from cardstock and adhere to top corner of layout.  I  added an additional glitter shape on top. 
You can add additional ribbons and trims, stickers, etc as desired.  
Thanks for stopping by.

Nancy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave us some scrappy love!